Approximately one in five women suffer from heavy periods. As women approach menopause they are more likely to experience abnormal menstrual bleeding which can take a physical, social and emotional toll. Side effects include:
- Bad cramps
- Missing work or social events
- Anxiety or depression
- Prolonged periods lasting more than two weeks
Now there is a safe effective procedure to reduce or eliminate heavy menstrual bleeding, helping women regain their productive lifestyle during their monthly menstrual cycle.
NovaSure endometrial ablation is a safe and effective in-office procedure that removes the uterine lining (the endometrium), which is the part of the body that causes heavy bleeding. The procedure takes four simple steps and less than five minutes to complete.
- Using a slender wand, a netting is inserted through the cervix into your uterus
- The netting expands to fit the uterus’ size and shape.
- Radiofrequency energy is delivered through the netting for approximately 90 seconds.
- The netting and the wand are both removed from the uterus.
Over two million women have been treated with the NovaSure endometrial ablation procedure and over 97% would recommend the procedure to a friend. Schedule an appointment with a physician at Piedmont HealthCare Women’s Center to inquire if you might be a candidate for this treatment option.