Recent Flu Shot Shouldn’t Prevent Vaccination During Pregnancy
- The risk of dying is decreased in those who exercise regularly.
- Exercise is an essential component of weight management programs. Exercise burns calories and may help to burn calories even while not exercising. Dieting can lead to loss of muscle, but exercise can help maintain muscle mass while dieting.
- Exercise improves blood sugar control in people with diabetes and can help prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
- Aerobic exercise helps decrease blood pressure; this effect may be even greater in people with high blood pressure.
- Exercise often improves the blood fats (lipid profile) by decreasing triglyceride levels and raising HDL (good cholesterol) levels
- Most people report a reduction in stress after they exercise. Research has shown that exercise is associated with reduced tension, anxiety, and depression.
- Weight-bearing exercise helps to prevent osteoporosis and reduces the incidence of fractures.
- Exercise training can improve circulation and exercise tolerance for people who have angina (chest pain from a reduced blood supply to the heart).
- Some evidence suggests that exercise can provide protection against breast and prostate cancer, can delay or prevent dementia, and can decrease the risk of gallstone disease.
- Exercise can help with quitting smoking.